In order to edit the DNS record of your domain, you will need to use the DNS Manager feature in your client area. If your website is hosted by us, please login to cPanel to edit DNS records. The instructions below assume that you don't have any web hosting account and only wish to edit DNS records for your domain.
- Log in to your client area
- Click on Domains > Managed DNS
- Click on Add New Zone
- Enter in your Domain Name (without ‘www.’) and sample IP address 22.214.171.1249 (please use the IP you are assigned)
- When the page refreshes, you will be able to edit the DNS zone for your domain (including A record, CNAME, MX record changes etc)
- Important: After you have added in all the required zone entries, you need to update your domain to point to the following nameservers:
- To do this, click on Domains > My Domains, ‘Active’ to the right of the domain and then the Nameservers option on the left. Failing to update the nameservers, will mean the above settings will not take effect.
DNS updates should fully propagate within about 24 hours, but can sometimes take up to 72 hours to fully propagate.
Please note that if you have the domain set up on different nameservers currently, following the above steps overwrites the current setup (which may result in your website/email going offline). If you need to retain existing zone entries (such as where your email/website/etc is currently hosted), you will need to make any zone entry changes on whatever nameservers your domain is already using.
If you have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to submit a ticket and a member of our Tech Support Dept. will be happy to advise further.