This document provides instructions for installing SSL certificate on Internet Information Services (IIS 10). If unable to use these instructions for your server, Thawte recommends to contact Microsoft.
- Download your certificate from the the client area on our website.
- The ZIP file you download contain the SSL and Intermediate CA certificate in PKCS#7 file (i.e. ssl_certificate.p7b).
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
- In the Windows start menu, select Windows Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- From the left menu, click the corresponding server name
- In the Features pane (middle pane), double-click Server Certificates
- From the Actions pane (right pane), select Complete Certificate Request
- Provide the location of the certificate file and a friendly name.Note: The Friendly Name is a reference name for quick identification of the certificate for the Administrator.
- Be sure that the Personal store is selected, then click OK
If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Thawte recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Microsoft server.
Binding SSL certificate to the web site
- From the Connections column on the left, expand the Sites folder
- Select the appropriate web site.
- From the Actions pane on the right, click on Bindings
- In the Site Bindings window, If there is no existing https binding, choose Add and change Type from HTTP to HTTPS.Note: If there is an https binding, select it and click Edit
- From the SSL Certificate drop down, select the friendly name for the SSL certificate that was used during installation.
- Click OK
If you do not specify an IP address when installing the SSL Certificate, the same ID will be used for all virtual servers created on the system. If hosting multiple sites on a single server, you can specify that the ID only be used for a particular server IP address.
Verify certificate installation
Verify your installation with the SSL Installation Checker
For more information, see Microsoft Support website.